Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Book Tour: After The Fall by Ariadne Wayne Interview


New Adult Romance
Date Published: 7/26/13


Blurb:
The first time Natalie and Alex met, Natalie fell hard. Literally. The pair embark on a 3 month fling and after the fall Alex leaves the country. Natalie struggles to get on with her life and as it turns out, Alex can’t forget her either
Torn between what he feels for Natalie and loyalty to his father, Alex makes a choice that will change his life forever. But his overwhelming need to regain his father’s respect could ruin everything.

Interview:

1.   Where did you get the idea for the novel?
It was only going to be a short story at first but then I worked out how the characters would meet and they just wouldn’t stay apart. After the first two books I wrote I also wanted to set something in New Zealand.

2.   Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
I came up with the title. When I started out it was called In The Rain because it was raining when Natalie and Alex met but After The Fall seemed a bit more appropriate with Natalie’s fall at the start and the time of the year.

3.   Why did you pick this genre? What do you like about it?
After writing erotic romance I wanted to do something still steamy but a bit less explicit and more drama. New adult was a great fit for it as I don’t think After The Fall really fits into erotic romance or simply romance.

4.   Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
The first review I got was a 5 star and I loved that someone had read my book and got me.

5.   What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
Stardust – Mimi Strong

6.   What is your writing process?
It’s very haphazard. I work full time and have two children who keep me busy the rest of the time so I squeeze in writing where I can and it tends to be a jumble at first until I get to organizing it.  I do try to plot but also go with the flow and sometimes end up all kinds of places.

7.   At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? 
I’ve signed one book so far and it was for a friend so she told me what she wanted me to write. I hadn’t even thought that far ahead to be honest, I suppose I had better!

8.   What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I collect comic books and I’m a huge Batman fan.  If they ever made Batman available on Kindle Worlds to write about I would be right there!

9.   How do you react to a bad review?
Move onto the next thing. Everyone has different tastes and I don’t like everything so I don’t expect everyone to like what I write. Sometimes they can be really helpful too.

10.                  How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
I told my husband I’d written a book! It had been a long time since I had written anything and I kept it to myself until that point. He was surprised to say the least.



Ariadne Wayne
Ariadne Wayne wanted to be a journalist when she grew up. Real life got in the way as did her love of computers and after twenty years she decided to return to writing and is loving it. After a lifetime of making up stories in her head, she’s now recording them to share with others. Her quirky sense of humour often leads all kinds of places and sometimes into trouble. She balances writing with working full time and bringing up two children and a husband so struggles for air at times but loves every minute of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment