Monday, October 29, 2012

Book Tour: Finding Summerland by Paige Bleu


Book Blurb:
After his brothers recent disappearance Wesley Rochester wished he could just fade into obscurity. Searching for closure, he's haunted by visons. Consumed with decoding the messages, he begins turning dangerously deeper inward. Enter an intriguing, 'not quite' human stranger, who mysteriously arrives just as he feels all hope is lost. Together they begin to realize that their destinies are intricately tangled in a drama reaching far beyond the realms of the wold they know. Discovering the secrets plaguing Wesley since childhood are no coincidence, and everything he believes is shattered.

Captivated by her, he must decide between the life he has and the one he'd forgotten.

'Finding Summerland' is like 'Twilight' in the sense that it is a supernatural, coming of age romance—but has a genre bending, metaphysical element and a much deeper rabbit hole. Follow the journey of two star crossed souls as they explore who they are and the ties that bind them. Enter a world intentionally forgotten. A place buried by history, where only the chosen are aware of its existence. A place covenants are made and broken, where myth leads to truth and forbidden love threatens to destroy or be destroyed, becoming just another casualty in their shadow war. The introductory novel in a series of five, called 'The Ameryn Chronicles'—but compelling enough to stand alone—'Finding Summerland' is sure to be savored by anyone craving to stretch the bounds of ordinary imagination, edgy enough to engage readers who enjoy unraveling a mystery, and sweet enough to grab onto the hearts of the romance lovers! Where legends breathe and dreams are alive. A 'trippy' journey to a new reality.

Interview:


1) Where did you get the idea for the novel?
I know this will sound very cliché, but it's true so I'm saying it. I dreamed about it until it finally got the best of me and I started writing it down. It would keep me up at night!

2) Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
I came up with the title but it did change. 'Summerland' was always set in stone, as was the name of the series 'The Ameryn Chronicles', but originally it was 'Losing Summerland'. About half way through I had a change of perspective and changed Losing to Finding. I guess I was in a more optimistic place.

3) Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
Without a doubt the fan support. I have gotten so much wonderful feedback from my readers. They make it all more joyous for me. Hearing they get it.... sharing my world with them. That's what it's all about. It makes it feel real. Now if I could just start getting some reviews I'd be EcStAtIc!!

4) Which came first, the title or the novel?
Well apart from the title change above, it all happened in one giant swoosh.

5) What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
Now that I actually have a second to read someone else's work, I'm looking over an unfinished version of 'God's' by my girl Samantha Steele. I read her 1st two (The Alaska Teen series) and they were awesome. I also started 'Butterfly Porcupine' by Susan Francis. I love them both so far! But you guys will have to wait on 'God's' cuz I got the bootleg version from Sammie. It won't be live for at least a few months.

6) At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say?
I'm being embarrassingly honest when I tell you I am terrified of signings! I have yet to do one. I even refused to sign my mothers copy of the book as of yet. I'm freaked out I'll mess it up! Guess I better start practicing.

Author Info:




Links :


No comments:

Post a Comment