Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Tour: Bitten Shame by Olivia Hardin Interview & Review

 Bitten Shame by Olivia Hardin


Book 2 of the Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy
Genre:  Paranormal/ Romance
ISBN-10: 0615645380
ISBN-13: 978-0615645384
ASIN: B0085W2BAW 
Number of pages: 232
Word Count: 52,310


Book Description: 

     Jill Prescott returned from self-imposed seclusion to help save her best friend Devan’s life. Throwing herself into Devan’s problems and bringing an evil organization to its knees might just be the distraction she needs to keep living without the only man she’s ever loved. Her life changed forever when she was hired to spend a week with Doc Massey. 
     On the day she became a vampire her youthful innocence ended, but Doc’s love rescued her from being consumed by the darkness. The shadow of that former life continues to loom over her, keeping her from realizing her own self-worth. Running from her past only brings her closer to a destiny that is inextricably connected to what she is trying to escape…
      Every gift has both a reward and a price, because All of it fits…

Review:

     This book was really good! It's exciting and fun. It's the perfect second book it the series. I really like that it switches between past and present with each chapter. You get to learn more about Jill and how she became a vampire while the story continues. I really liked Doc.     He was cold and locked up at first but once he got to know Jill (and we got to know him), he ended up being a kind and really caring man. One thing that I really liked was when the past and the present were tied together, then there were no loose ends. 
     But man after reading the epilogue, I'm dying to know what happens next!
4/5 stars.
~ALISIA  


Interview:

1) Where did you get the idea for the novel?
     When I introduced Jill in my first book, Witch Way Bends, I began to wonder where she had been for the almost 15 years that she and Devan were parted.  That story didn’t fit into that first book, so I thought perhaps a short story for Jill.  Then I realized how important she was and how much her story could affect the bigger picture for Devan and the others.  That was when I decided on the Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy and the second book, Bitten Shame. 

2) Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
     The title for this book actually has a goofy story.  I love 80s music and one of my favs is “Human” by Human League.  Well, you know how sometimes you hear a song over and over and you don’t really know the actual words so you make some up?  There’s a part in there where the female singer pops in and I always heard her say something to the effect of “They’re all to hide my bitten shame”… didn’t make much sense probably, but to this day that is how I hear the song.  I knew from the moment I decided to tell Jill’s story that “Bitten Shame” would be the title and usually when I find a good title, I stick with it.

3) Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
     I would have to say the most exciting thing occurred when I put Bitten Shame out for beta readers.  I had a fabulous gal offer to beta read and she provided some very useful insight and comments.  After the book went live on Amazon she wrote the most heart-felt, intimate and wonderful review I could ever have hoped to ever receive.  Somehow my little book touched her in some deep part of her heart.  That lady and I have become very good friends since then and what more can a person ask than to share a piece of their soul with someone, only to receive a part of that person’s soul in return.   (Thanks, Melissa Lummis)

4) Which came first, the title or the novel?
     The title… I think.  I knew Jill was a vampire so even though I had no idea what her story would be, the title Bitten Shame still fit.  When I wrote the final sentence of the book and looked back at that title I knew without a doubt it was still perfect.

5) What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
     I just read a book that knocked my socks off.  It is called The Accidental Siren by Jake Vander Ark.  It follows a twelve year old boy through the summer that changed his life.  The summer he met the most “beautiful girl in the world.”  The writer’s ability to make you feel twelve years old again was remarkable even when the subject matter turned very, very adult.  I highly recommend it.

6) At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say?
     I haven’t had any official book signings, but I’ve been privileged to sell a good number of paperbacks.  I decided I wanted a catch-phrase for each one of my books.  For Witch Way Bends I write “All of it fits… Olivia” and for Bitten Shame “End’s gift is destiny’s beginning… Olivia”  Both of those have relevance to the heart of the books and I hope people who buy them will enjoy discovering the meaning when they read it!

Author Bio:

Olivia Hardin realized early on how strange she was to have complete movie-like character dreams as a child. Eventually she began putting those vivid dreams to paper and was rarely without her spiral notebooks full of those mental ramblings. Her forgotten vision of becoming an author was realized when she connected with a group of amazingly talented and fabulous writers who gave her lots of direction and encouragement.

With a little extra push from family and friends, she hunkered down to get lost in the words. She's also an insatiable crafter who only completes about 1 out of 5 projects, a jogger who hates to run, and is sometimes accused of being artistic, though she's generally too much of a perfectionist to appreciate her own work. A native Texas girl, Olivia lives in the beautiful Lone Star state with her husband and their puppy Bonnie.


Blog:           www.oliviahardinwriter.com

Twitter:       https://twitter.com/OliviaH_Writer



Youtube Trailer:    http://youtu.be/9I0C2V6DFUQ
Check out my Bookmarks! page ^

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog with this fun interview and your review of Bitten Shame.

    Happy Reading, all!

    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete