Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mini Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman


If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Publisher: Speak (Apr 6, 2010)
Length: 272 pages
Format: Hardcover

Summary from Amazon:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

Review:
This story of this book is only a little longer than a day, but it brings up stuff from the past. I love how you connect with the characters from the very beginning. This book has an interesting way of looking at death, that she gets to choose if she wants to stay or move on with her family. I loved that I got to see every step of how she made her choice. What really moved me was that the (SPOILER) grandfather told her it was okay for her to choose to go, if that is what she wanted, because her parents and brother died. 
Overall, I liked this book and thought it was put together well. 
3.7/5 stars.

~ALISIA

No comments:

Post a Comment